Easily accessible by air and sea, Vancouver Island is serviced by the Victoria International Airport as well as several smaller airports throughout. There is extensive ferry service to many coastal communities and the Gulf Islands from mainland Canada and United States through BC Ferries and the Washington state ferry system. At Victoria's downtown harbor you'll see floatplanes all year round.
11. Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island: Parksville / Qualicum Beach
Here in "Canada's Riviera," as named by The Globe & Mail, you'll find an Oceanside getaway, including fabulous resorts, golf courses, spas and fine dining. What an ideal place to unwind and find 'island time.'
12. Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island: Fairwinds Golf & Country Club — Designed by renowned course architect Les Furber, it is crafted for all levels, with lush manicured fairways lined by towering fir and arbutus trees, and referred to as a "thinking golfer's course." Immaculate greens are guarded by more than 70 bunkers. After golf, relax in Ben's Lounge and ponder joining the premier oceanfront community with its Fairwinds Fitness Centre. For guests who boat in and moor at its 360-berth Schooner Cove Marina, free golf club rental, and shuffle service to the come is offered.
13. Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island: Morningstar Golf Course — Close to picturesque Parksville, is another Island jewel by Les Farber, with a unique configuration of six link-style holes, integrated with others carved through the trees— preserving much of the natural surroundings. Called the "Golfers' Choice," it is host of the Canadian Tour Qualifying School.
14. Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island: Pheasant Glen Golf Resort — At the base of Mount Arrowsmith, this recently renovated course displays spectacular mountain views from almost every hole, and is the most walk-able 18-hole course in Oceanside. The Pheasants Nest restaurant is open March to the end of October. Golfers can tune up their game at the Brent Morrison Golf Academy and a 20-acre double-ended practice facility.
15. Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island: Eaglecrest Golf Club — Located at Qualicum Beach, this course was designed by Warren Radomske, who learned golf course design by the great architect Les Furber. Meticulously maintained and highly affordable, it's a great semi-private club.
Book your next island golf getaway to Vancouver Island where you don't have to imagine where to place the clubhouse; it’s already there!