Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island (II)
Vancouver Island is an ideal destination for golfers whether you want to test your skills to the limit or enjoy leisurely rounds mixed with sightseeing, exquisite cuisine and superb accommodations. It was voted the #1 Island in Canada and #6 in the world in Condo Nast Traveler magazine's 2012 readers' pot, and #1 Island in Canada and the Continental USA by Travel + Leisure magazine in 2012. Depending on the time of year, you might even see a whale to add to your golf tale.
6. Best Golf Clubs on Vancouver Island: Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa —the luxurious accommodations, with signature Heavenly Bed, vistas of rolling fairways, Mount Finlayson and Mount Baker, state-of-the-art Athletic Club, tennis courts, outdoor pool, hot tub, Santé Spa and world-class restaurants, may entice you to linger. Although, you won't want to miss Canada's first and only 36-hole Nicklaus-designed golf extravaganza. Whether you start with the more forgiving Valley Course, which rolls through terrain between 300 and 500 feet elevation above sea level, or the masterpiece Mountain Course, with dramatic elevation changes and other challenges — you'll revel in the magnificent vistas.
7. Best Golf Club ob Vancouver Island: Cowichan Valley
In the Cowichan Valley, some of BC's finest foods are produced, and it is home to nine wineries and a cidery. It is a wine and food enthusiasts' Mecca, as well as offering amazing golf. Stay awhile on the waterfront, buy crab on the dock, and fresh produce directly from organic farmers.
8. Best Golf Club on Vancouver Island: Arbutus Ridge Golf Course — weaves along the seaside community of Cobble Hill, and climbs a ridge to overlook the Satellite Channel. With a Four Star Golf Digest rating, and three of the most demanding finishing holes you'll find, it's not to be missed. Lick your wounds and the freshest of West Coast cuisine in the Satellite Bar &Grille.
9. Best Golf Club on Vancouver Island: Cowichan Golf & Country Club — Established in 1947 as one of the Island's finest nine-hole courses by legendary architect A.V. Macan, it expanded 10 18 in 1985. Meandering through a valley and mix of meadow and tree-lined holes, it presents plenty of challenge, beautiful scenery, top service and a lovely clubhouse.
10. Best Golf Club on Vancouver Island: Duncan Meadows Golf Club —A tantalizing blend of parkland and links-style holes, it has been labeled as "one of the top ten most underrated courses in all of Canada" by Score Golf Magazine. Flowing almost seamlessly into the landscape in the shadow of Mount Prevost, it is true to the area's heritage of respect for nature. The full-service Clubhouse includes Bunkers Bar and Grill and a recently renovated Golf Shop.
Book your next island golf getaway to Vancouver Island where you don't have to imagine where to place the clubhouse; it’s already there!