Best Places to Stay in Peru (II)
Peru, officially known as the Republic of Peru, is a fascinating country located in South America. It was home to ancient cultures spanning from the Norte Chico civilization – one of the oldest in the world, to the Inca Empire, the largest state in Pre-Columbian America. Peru is a wide mixture of cultural traditions, worth visiting any time of the year. This is a review of the best accommodation options in Peru.
8. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Casa Vieja – This Chachapoyas inn blends Colonial style with local art. Comfort is quite high and prices are on the budget side.
9. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel – Operated by Inkaterra, this hotel in Aguas Caliente combines the best aspects of staying in the cloud forest with some of the best accommodations in this small tourist town.
10. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Hotel Monasterio – This Cuzco gem is consistently ranked among the world’s best hotels. It is set in a monastery that was built over an Incan Palace. The amenities, restaurants, and services are all world-class.
11. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Luna Rumi – This Urubamba retreat is brand new, quiet, and more independent than many of its larger neighbors. The train to Machu Picchu can be caught right outside the front door.
12. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Las Arenas de Mancora – Now associated with the Libertador hotel chain, Las Arenas resembles a quaint, tranquil Caribbean resort with shady palm trees amid white sand and clear blue water, excellent cuisine, a stunning pool, and a number of other amenities.
13. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Sonesta Posada El Olivar – This classic San Isidro hotel is still one of the best options for business travelers and tourists. The suites here are some of the best in Lima.
14. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Country Club Hotel Lima – This high-end venue has long been the center of the social scene for Lima’s richest 1%. This national monument is all about classic style and features artwork from the Museo de Osma in Barranco throughout.
15. Best Places to Stay in Peru: Rural Farmhouse on Amantani – A classic tourist spot. A stay with a family on a Titicaca Isle opens you up to a completely different way of living, and allows you to encounter fantastic scenery and some of the brightest stars you will ever see.