Most Spectacular Abandoned Destinations Across The Globe (III)
Abandoned cities, ghostly islands, deserted train stations, or castles in ruins, places forgotten by people, which have an apocalyptic, but special beauty. This is the last part of our series of the most spectacular abandoned destinations across the globe.
12. Most Spectacular Abandoned Destinations Across The Globe: The Michigan Central Station, Detroit, United States of America
Built between 1912 and 1913, The Central Station was in its time the tallest railway station building in the world. The railway line was closed in 1988, and the plans to restore the building have failed.
13. Most Spectacular Abandoned Destinations Across The Globe: Military Hospital in Beelitz, Germany
The building still retains traces of its past beauty, but it’s creepy altogether and the locals claim that during late nights you can even hear the wails of those who suffered and passed away in this gruesome hospital.
14. Most Spectacular Abandoned Destinations Across The Globe: Hotel Salto, Colombia
The hotel was opened in 1928 and was intended mainly for tourists with lots of money, who came to visit the Tequendama Waterfall. After the waterfall was contaminated with all sorts of spills, visitors stopped coming to the Salto, and the building was given to oblivion.
15. Most Spectacular Abandoned Destinations Across The Globe: The Christ From the Abyss, San Fruttuoso, Italy
The artist Guido Galletti made this statue in 1954 and lowered it almost 17 meters into the depths of the Mediterranean Sea. The statue depicts Christ offering a benediction of peace, with his head and hands raised skyward.
16. Most Spectacular Abandoned Destinations Across The Globe: The abandoned Railway, Lebanon, Missouri, United States of America
The railway trails in Lebanon, Missouri get lost in a final journey into the depths of the forest. Nature has seized the railway and the result is a spectacular landscape, highly appreciated by tourists and photographers.