Tourist Attractions in Thailand
Thailand attracts more tourists than any other country in Southeast Asia. It’s a destination that provides everything: beautiful beaches, impressive culture, ruins and temples, authentic relics of bygone kingdoms, unexpected culinary tastes and oriental hospitality.
If you book your flight early, the prices are very attractive! Thailand is undoubtedly one of the most affordable destinations for a perfect exotic vacation. There are many tourist attractions in Thailand: hundreds of beaches, the tropical paradise island of Koh Saui, the endless deserted beaches of Cha Am and the vibrant nightlife of Pattaya.
Few know that before 1949 the country’s name was Siam. “Thai” means “freedom” and therefore Thailand means “Country of freedom” or “land of the free”.
Cheap Travel Hunter brings you some of the most important tourist attractions in Thailand:
1. Koh Chang and Surrounding Islands are perfect for a family trip. Adventurers will definitely want to admire the wildlife of Koh Phangan and divers should not miss Ko Tao. Whatever you expect from your holiday, Thailand will deliver the perfect mix of nature, beach, relaxation, fun and local color.
2. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha houses the most revered image of Buddha in Thailand, and the Royal Pantheon – where the statues of the Chakri Dynasty’s deceased kings are hold. This is one of the most important tourist attractions in Thailand.
3. Pagoda Pra Pathom Chedi is the tallest Buddhist monument in the world and is about 1,000 years old. Here you can admire trained elephants and traditional Thai dances.
4. Wat Traimit Temple is famous because of the golden statue of Buddha, which is 3 meters tall and weights 5 tons and a half. The origins of this statue remain uncertain. It is made in the Sukhotai Dynasty style and I thought to have been made during the Sukhotai period in the 13th-14th centuries.
5. Phuket is the largest island of Thailand where you can admire a botanical garden and a large aquarium with exotic fish. The hot season is generally considered to be from March to early May. Phuket, a melting pot of Buddhists, Thai-Chinese, Muslims and even seas gypsies is definitely one of the most amazing tourist attractions in Thailand.